Friday 18 November 2011

A memory

I awaken.


I get up.
Salome tells me that
I have something to do.


I follow her toward the storage room.
She gestures to the gun cabinet.


I look confused.


She tells me that
I have a job and to pick one weapon that feels right.


I say nothing and take the Glock 34,
I don't use guns,
I have never used a gun before.


She teaches me everything.
London Bridge is falling down
I hold it incorrectly.
She straightens my grip.
falling down
I accidentally hit the magazine release when reloading.


The magazine falls to the ground.
falling down
She corrects me.


I learn by example.


I get better, I shoot all the targets first try but one.


She tells me that I only killed one of them.
London Bridge is falling down
I practice harder.


My hands ache.


My arms ache.


She keeps me going. Telling me


I need to keep my rate of fire faster.


I get better.


She tells me that
I am to kill someone.
My
I refuse.


She points a gun at my head.
Fair
I laugh.


I tell her this is a loop.


She says. "What Loop?"
Lady.
Salome shoots me.


I wake up again.


I have training to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment